Oxford Road Corridor has a number of historic parks and contemporary green spaces.
All Saints Park originally catered to the parishioners of the All Saints church as a cemetery, before opening as a children’s playground in 1935 and then becoming part of Manchester Metropolitan University’s campus.
Whitworth Park opened in 1890 as a memorial concept to the famous engineer Sir Joseph Whitworth, and is home to the Whitworth and a Grade II listed bronze statue of Edward VII.
In more recent years the University of Manchester’s Brunswick Park and University Green have added to the green space. With exciting new developments taking place across the area, the green space is set to increase further, most notably at Circle Square, which will feature the city’s largest new park in a generation.